Most people you come across in the world of Business Intelligence have their origins either in technology – they’re experts in databases or information architecture – or they come from the field of data analysis – i.e. they’re full on statisticians.
While we hold these skills in the highest regard, Well Begun approaches BI from an entirely different angle. We became involved in BI as users and business people; so even though we are keenly interested in the technology and numerics of BI, our primary focus is on what it can deliver –
- increased opportunities;
- greater profitability;
- improved customer satisfaction;
- competitive differentiation;
- operational efficiency;
- relief from time spent doing repetitive tasks, etc.
What this all means for you is that Well Begun is a partner who is looking in exactly the same direction as you are. So when we are engaged to assist in a project, our work is guided by a clear set of standards that have been founded on years of business experience: -
- Every activity should have a specific purpose – clear understanding of the end goal
- Focus on quality but always with an eye on costs – no time, effort or money to be wasted
- Simplicity is the objective – wherever possible complexity needs to be avoided
- Self service is the way forward – applications should be simple and self explanatory
- Low ongoing maintenance – designs should minimize any additional workload